While there is always a temptation to drink whiskey straight and call it a day, often there are some fairly simple recipes that turn the drinking into more of an experience than an escape.
Add the appearance of class, and some accompanying food, and you can pull off a solid party or a fresh date.
For a summer feel to your alcoholism, try this Fallout inspired mix.
- 1oz Lemon Juice
- Diced Green Apple
- 6 Blackberries
- Combine and muddle in a fancy glass
- 2oz Whiskey
- Throw in desired amount of ice and shake
- 4oz Dr Pepper
- Sip with a distant stare (optional)
If you’re more of a purist, this Old Fashioned is simple and true.
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 Sugar Cube
- Combine and muddle
- 2oz Rye Whiskey
- Luxardo Cherry
- Orange Peel
A refreshing replacement for people who enjoy citrus but don’t enjoy lemonade.
- 1.5oz Whiskey
- 2oz Club Soda
- Lemon Twist, Star Anise, or Orange Wheel
- 2oz Ginger Ale
- Just mix all the liquid ingredients together, pour over ice, and add the garnish.
Finally, the best whiskey cocktail recipe of them all.
- Side of bacon (optional but highly recommended)
So whether you want to impress a hot date, or switch things up a little, you can use these recipes to enjoy the sweet goodness of that tasty liquid gold.