Here are the 5 Things You Need To Know for the morning of June 26, 2017.
- While a .223 average and 3 HRs doesn't typically lead to a promotion to high "A", Tim Tebow will be joining the Mets high "A" affiliate in St. Lucie, Fla., today.
- A Pennsylvania borough council has voted to restrict the playing of "Taps" to Sundays and holidays only. At 8pm nightly, Joshua Corney would pay "Taps" in order to honor those who have served. He has started a petition to get the ruling overturned.
- Nine sailors and a civilian will face discipline after the 94,000-gallon jet fuel spill at Naval Air Station Oceana in May.
- Gun Owners of America (GOA) has announced that the Conceal Carry Reciprocity Act now has the support of 200 members of Congress and is reaching an almost unprecedented level of support following the shooting of Rep. Steve Scalise.
- Jordan Spieth took the top spot in the Travelers Championship Sunday but needed not only an extra hole, but an amazing final shot to seal the victory. In a green side bunker, about 60 feet away Spieth looked to get the ball close and force a second playoff hole. Instead, he holed out and took home the victory from the sand.