GET BACK IN THE FIGHT WITH US!
Don't just say you're going to get into shape. Do it.
Welcome to our Back in the Fight 30-day fitness challenge! This workout program is designed to get you from sitting on the couch to, ultimately, building habits of fitness that continue beyond the 30-day period.This program is intended to be done 5 days a week, with two dedicated rest days.This program is intended more for people who are recovering from injury or haven't exercised in a while. If you're looking for something a bit more challenging, try our Harder to Kill series.Over the course of our Back in the Fight 30-day fitness challenge, we'll be doing quite a bit of calisthenics, body weight exercises and running. We’ll also set foot inside the gym a couple of times to get you familiar with some key weightlifting movements, like back squats, overhead presses and deadlifts.Eventually, you’ll want to transition into a workout program that incorporates bodyweight exercises, weightlifting, functional fitness and cardiovascular endurance for your long-term physical fitness. American Grit’s “Harder to Kill” daily workouts are great for that.Some of these workouts will require access to a gym with basic equipment, as we’re going to be introducing you to some weightlifting techniques. Lifting weights gives you better results, faster, and is a proven way of reducing fat and building muscle.Are you ready? Here we go!Every day begins with a warmup and ends with a cooldown stretch. The workouts are all designed to be done in under an hour.
Back in the Fight: Day 12
- Warmup: 3 rounds of 10 back extensions and 10 hanging leg raises. Jump rope 2 minutes.
- Work up to a relatively heavy deadlift single. Maintain good form the whole time! No rounded backs, no bent elbows. If it feels bad, stop! Strip weight! Have someone form check you if need be.
- 20 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of
- 10 deadlifts: 135 pounds for men, 95 pounds for women (scale this weight as needed)
- 10 burpee over the bar
- 400 meter run or 500m row
- Cooldown: 3 x 1 minute plank hold