So we started this out to be the Top 5 Marines of All Time, but when we realized how many skull-crushing, death-dealing warriors we'd be leaving out, we opened it up to ten, even so, we're probably still going to be leaving some extremely deserving names off the list. It's not our fault we're so amazing at war...wait, yes it is. Deal with it.1. Chesty Puller
Duh. You knew this one was coming. With five Navy Crosses, kicking sack from Haiti, Nicaragua, through the Pacific in WW2 and then again in Korea, Chesty Puller is the quintessential belligerent warfighter that Marines are known to be.2. Dan DalyWe wanted to put Mattis here, really we did, but something about two Medals of Honor kinda bumps you up on the list, also he had a Navy Cross in there as well. Watch out Chesty! Dan earned his first MoH in China, and his second in Haiti. To have been alive when Chesty and Dan walked the Earth at the same time. Holy shit!
3. Smedley ButlerYeah, that double MoH thing happened again. And as an officer nonetheless. You know he was alive when Dan and Chesty were around too right? We think we're lucky with Mattis. Marines back then had literally three of the most killingest Marines ever on the planet at the same time! Lucky. We wish we could be haze...trained by them.
4. James MattisLook, he's here. The reason, he has literally inspired two generations of Marines to be hard-charging, intelligent, ruthless warriors. You get points when despite not being commandant, you steer the entire direction of the Marine Corps culture for two decades, even after you've retired.
5. John BasiloneSo, John Basilone and Chesty Puller walk onto Guadalcanal, and they kill a whole bunch of bad dudes. The end. It's not a joke, it's just how it went down. Also, John earned the Medal of Honor too, for killing so many people, only one time though.
6. Carlos HathcockGood ole White Feather smoked so many Communists that they put a thirty thousand dollar bounty on his head. The average price for a sniper topped at around two grand, so they really hated Carlos, and if the enemy hates you a whole bunch, you get to be on the list.
7. Jason DunhamWhen you're the first Marine since the Vietnam War to earn the Medal of Honor, you get on the list. Jason's example solidified the reputation that Marines were still just as brave and selfless as they'd always been. Through his sacrifice, America learned how much Marines care for their brothers.
8. Cliff WooldridgeWhen you literally beat an enemy combatant to death with his own weapon after ghosting his two buddies and ruining an ambush, you get to be on the list as well. This action earned Cliff the Navy Cross.
9. Kyle CarpenterNot many can take a grenade blast and walk away from it like it was NBD (no big deal). Kyle pretty much did. Obviously, surgery and medical attention were required, but Kyle is alive and well after telling that grenade it hit like a bitch.
10. John GlennYeah, John Glenn, he may not have been an infantry stud like the rest of these warriors, but he was the first American to orbit the Earth. If you strap yourself onto a big ass rocket and say "Semper Fi, do or die," you get to be on the list. Also he's the oldest person to have been in space!
Honorable Mentions:Samuel Nichols (Uh Father of the Marine Corps, duh)Dakota Meyer (for his MoH, but also for talking shit to Dan Bilzerian.)Brigadier General Roger B. Turner (Those who are in the know, they know why, No SHIT!)Lt. Almar Fitzgerald (For those that knew him, one of the greatest leaders the Marine Corps ever had)