STRENGTH & VITALITY (Body)
Achieving holistic health is like constructing a sturdy, well-balanced structure. Physical fitness lays the foundation, providing a solid base upon which the entire edifice stands. It comprises 85% of the initial benefit because a robust body forms the core of vitality and longevity.
Our body is our physical structure, including our bones, flesh, and organs. We use our five senses – sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch – to perceive the physical world through our body.
When we’re talking about the body, we’re talking about movement, fitness, nutrition, suplements and any resources and modalities that can help support and nurture the body like spa & wellness services like massage as well as alternative health services, like accupuncture.
You know exercise is good for you, but do you know how good? From boosting your mood to improving your sex life, find out how exercise can improve your life.
Being physically active can improve your brain health, your mood, helps manage weight, promotes better sleep, reduces the risk of disease, strengthen bones and muscles, and improve your ability to do everyday activities.
Regular exercise helps prevent or manage many health problems and concerns, including:
- Metabolic syndrome
- High blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- Many types of cancer
Need an emotional lift? Or need to destress after a stressful day? A gym session or brisk walk can help.
Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier, more relaxed and less anxious. It pumps up the production of your brain's feel-good neurotransmitters, called endorphins. It can also help improve cognitive function and helps lower the risk of death from all causes.You may also feel better about your appearance and yourself when you exercise regularly, which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem.
Having a healthy body involves adopting a lifestyle that prioritizes physical well-being. It's about making choices that promote good health, physical fitness, and overall vitality. Here are some key factors that contribute to a healthy body:
- Balanced Diet: Consuming a balanced and nutritious diet is essential for a healthy body. Include a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats in your meals. Limit processed foods, sugary snacks, and excessive consumption of unhealthy fats.
- Regular Exercise: Engaging in regular physical activity is crucial for maintaining a healthy body. Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity exercise per week, along with muscle-strengthening activities on two or more days per week.
- Adequate Sleep: Getting enough restorative sleep is vital for your body's physical and mental well-being. Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night, as it supports numerous bodily functions, including immune function and tissue repair.
- Hydration: Staying hydrated is essential for proper bodily functions. Drink an adequate amount of water throughout the day to maintain hydration.
- Avoiding Harmful Substances: Minimize or avoid the use of harmful substances such as tobacco, excessive alcohol, and recreational drugs. These can have detrimental effects on your body's health.
- Regular Check-ups: Schedule regular visits to your healthcare provider for check-ups and preventive screenings. This helps in early detection and management of any health issues.
- Stress Management: Chronic stress can negatively impact your body's health. Engage in stress-reduction techniques such as mindfulness, meditation, yoga, or spending time in nature.
- Maintaining a Healthy Weight: Strive to maintain a healthy weight within the recommended range for your age and body type. This reduces the risk of various health conditions.
- Proper Hygiene: Practicing good hygiene habits, such as regular handwashing, can prevent the spread of illnesses and infections.
- Sun Protection: Protect your skin from harmful UV rays by using sunscreen, wearing protective clothing, and avoiding excessive sun exposure, which can reduce the risk of skin cancer.
- Limit Sedentary Behavior: Minimize prolonged sitting or sedentary behavior. Take short breaks to move around, stand, or stretch during long periods of sitting.
- Social Engagement: Social connections and positive relationships have been linked to improved physical health. Make time for socializing with friends and family.
Remember that achieving a healthy body is a gradual process, and small changes in lifestyle can have a significant impact over time. It's essential to be consistent in your efforts and to listen to your body's needs. If you have specific health concerns or medical conditions, consult with a healthcare professional for personalized advice and guidance.
Next, upon completion of your assessment, you will continue on your journey to the true grit section of the triangular compass.
WELLNESS SELF ASSESSMENT [New Reality]
Your beliefs dictate your actions which in turn create your reality. The power of your beliefs is an integral component that holds the key to your potential. First, based on how you answered the initial assessment, do you think that your current belief or how you define this area - Strength & Vitality (Physical Stregnth) - has created a positive result in life? If no, how would you rewrite that belief? Create a new one in the most ideal way possible? In a way that would help you create a healthier reality in this area. Second, based on this new belief, what would be the more ideal way you’d like to experience this area of your life? Third, what action steps do you need to take to get the results that will create this ideal reality? Examples: Move, Exercise, Work out, eat better, sleep more, get regular check ups, do some self-care, etc. (Refer to the key factors that contribute to a healthy body mentioned earlier)