So far we have the foundation and the walls of the structure covered, with the body at 85% and the soul at 10%. But how do we make up the 100%? Well, we’ve finally arrived at spiritual fitness, at 5%, and while it may not seem like a lot to you, for us here at the Triangular Compass, it crowns the structure like a pinnacle. It offers depth, purpose, and an unwavering sense of meaning. While physically robust and emotionally balanced, the inclusion of spirituality completes the whole, transforming the structure into a sanctuary of overall health—a harmonious blend of strength, resilience, and profound fulfillment.
We want to help you to connect with force that’s in you, through you, and all around you - the spirit. Which is something that’s so often not talked about, and when it does, it is more often than not associated with religion? When reality, it’s tapping into and connecting with the essence of life itself.
The spirit is the immaterial part of a person that connects and communicates with the God of your understanding or the Divine. In essence, it’s the deepest part of you that can perceive spiritual realms or matters and the things of God.
Trying to find out more about why am I here? What is my purpose? What was I created for? What am I supposed to contribute to society? A lot of us are going through life completely unfulfilled and we feel like something's missing. And what I'll ask them right off is how's your spiritual life? What's your spiritual connection? Where are you at spiritually?
It is essential to have something greater and more meaningful to guide us in life. We have a natural inclination to worship, whether it is a higher power or material possessions. It is beneficial to have something set of beliefs or practices that gives us purpose and significance, can ground us, and provide support during difficult times. Without this belief, it is easy to give up during challenging moments. It is important to believe that everything happens for a reason and that it will ultimately be beneficial.
Many of us are busy with work, family, and other obligations that make it difficult to find time to get a Spiritual workout in. But just like we can prioritize getting a physical workout in, it is equally important to make room in our lives to connect with God.
In our busy and anxious lives, we often forget about our spirituality and prioritize other things, especially since we live in a fast-paced culture that tends to discourages us from making time for God. Although it can be challenging, it is necessary to find moments of solitude and silence, contemplation and reflection, and prayer and meditation to connect with the God of your understanding. These moments allow us to cultivate and grow in strength, wisdom, and compassion.
Connecting with God is a deeply personal and spiritual journey. Humans have different perspectives of the world, and the same applies to spirituality. Various spiritual traditions focus on different aspects of God and offer many ways to connect with and be in relationship with God. Here are some approaches and practices that may help you establish or deepen your spiritual journey:
- Prayer: Prayer is a fundamental way to connect with God. You can engage in formal prayers from your religious tradition or have informal, heartfelt conversations with the divine. Prayer can be a means of expressing gratitude, seeking guidance, or simply opening your heart to God's presence.
- Meditation: Meditation involves quieting the mind and focusing your awareness inward. It can create a space for communion with God by allowing you to tune into your inner spiritual essence. Some meditation practices are specifically designed for connecting with the divine.
- Scripture Study: Explore the sacred texts of your faith or spiritual tradition. Reading and reflecting on scripture can provide insights into God's teachings, principles, and ways of relating to the divine.
- Nature and Contemplation: Spending time in nature and observing the beauty and complexity of the natural world can be a way to connect with God's creation. Nature can inspire awe and wonder, facilitating a sense of connection to a higher power.
- Service and Acts of Kindness: Engaging in acts of service and kindness to others can be a form of connecting with God. Many traditions emphasize that by serving others, you are serving the divine presence within them.
- Community and Worship: Attending religious services, rituals, or gatherings within your faith community can provide a sense of communal connection with God. It's an opportunity to worship, learn, and share your faith journey with others.
- Contemplative Practices: Practices like centering prayer, lectio divina (sacred reading), or labyrinth walking can facilitate a deep, contemplative connection with God. These practices encourage stillness and inner reflection.
- Gratitude Journaling: Keeping a gratitude journal allows you to regularly acknowledge and give thanks for the blessings in your life. This practice can help you become more aware of God's presence in everyday experiences.
- Personal Retreats: Occasionally, take time for personal retreats or spiritual getaways. These periods of solitude and reflection can deepen your connection with God as you disconnect from the distractions of daily life.
- Silence and Listening: Practice silent moments of listening to God's guidance and presence. It's a way to be receptive and attuned to subtle spiritual insights and intuitions.
- Mindfulness and Presence: Cultivate mindfulness by being fully present in each moment. By doing so, you can become more aware of the divine presence in your daily life.
- Spiritual Guidance: Seek guidance from spiritual mentors, clergy, or advisors who can provide wisdom and support on your spiritual journey.
Having an integral awareness and understanding of the many ways we can lead a spiritual life and connect with God will help dramatically deepen your spiritual journey. This allows you to tap into deeper meanings, values, purposes, and unconscious aspects of yourself, leading to a more fulfilling and meaningful life. Remember that the purpose of spirituality is to help us be better human beings, and it is a very personal and evolving process. What works for one person may not work for another, so explore these practices with an open heart and find the approaches that resonate most deeply with your own beliefs and spiritual path and find ways to integrate them into your every day life.
WELLNESS SELF ASSESSMENT [New Reality]
Your beliefs dictate your actions which in turn create your reality. The power of your beliefs is an integral component that holds the key to your potential. First, based on how you answered the initial assessment, do you think that your current belief or how you define this area - Strength & Vitality (Physical Stregnth) - has created a positive result in life? If no, how would you rewrite that belief? Create a new one in the most ideal way possible? In a way that would help you create a healthier reality in this area. Second, based on this new belief, what would be the more ideal way you’d like to experience this area of your life? Third, what action steps do you need to take to get the results that will create this ideal reality? Examples: Volunteer, Nature, Yoga, Church/Spiritual, Community, Prayer, Meditation, etc. (Refer to the approaches and practices mentioned earlier)
CLOSING (Wrap Up)
As we draw the curtains on this remarkable journey, it's time to reflect upon all we've embarked upon together.
Over the course of this program, we've gained knowledge, honed our skills, and grown as individuals and as a community of learners. We've taken this challenge head-on, embraced new perspectives, and celebrated our achievements, both big and small. Through the dedication, hard work, and support of each participant, we have reached this moment of completion.
But this is not the end; it's just the beginning of a new chapter. Armed with the knowledge and experiences we've gathered, let us move forward with confidence and enthusiasm. It is important to apply what we've learned to our lives, our careers, and our aspirations, so we can make a meaningful impact in the world.
As you take your next steps, remember that learning is a lifelong journey. Keep seeking knowledge, pursuing your passions, and embracing new opportunities. Stay curious, stay inspired, and continue to grow.
We want to extend our heartfelt congratulations to each and every one of you for your dedication and perseverance throughout this program. Your commitment to personal and professional development is truly commendable.
Thank you for being part of this journey, and we look forward to witnessing your continued success and growth in the future. Keep reaching for your dreams and never stop learning.
Wishing you all the best on your future endeavors!