It’s the most wonderful time of the year; spooky season. It's all about having fun and being a spectacle (while remaining respectful because it really is that easy.) Whether you’re getting ready to win the costume contest or just handing out candies on the front porch, here are some costume designs for everyone this Halloween.
Minimal effort, maximum vibes. These classics aren’t hard to accomplish and are still seasonal favorites. These costumes can be as basic or creative as you want them to be, from the Walking Dead to Rob Zombie, sexy witch to Baba Yaga. These ideas are what you make them to be.
- Frankenstein’s monster
- Witch or wizard
- Athlete (pick your favorite sport)
- First Responder (Fire/EMS/LEO)
- Walking shadow (just wearing a bodysuit)
- Plague Doctor
- Mad scientist
- Werewolf (of London perhaps)
Little bit more inspired than the classics. These costumes are a bit more niche. You love the seasonal TV shows/movies, mainly because they are not seasonal if you watch them all year round. These costumes can be either really simple and creative, or take your crafting skills beyond the imaginable.
- Thriller (Michael Jackson)
- Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
- Frank N. Furter (Rocky Horror Picture Show)
- Marny (Halloweentown)
- Freddy (A Nightmare on Elm Street)
- The Goblin King (Labyrinth)
- Michael Myers (Halloween)
- Carrie (Carrie)
- Jason (Friday the 13th)
These ideas can work for a group, couple, or a double date. You can pull them off alone, but it’s more fun with friends!
The Addams Family
- Morticia Addams
- Gomez Addams
- Wednesday Addams
- Sailor Moon
- Tuxedo Mask
- Sailor Jupiter
- Mr Incredible
Attack on Titan
- Eren Yeager
- Levi Ackerman
- Connie Springer
- Darth Vader
- Jedi Master (sorry Anakin)
- Stormtrooper or Clone Trooper
Bring It On
- The Professor
- Mojo Jojo
- Sarah Sanderson
- Winifred Sanderson
- Mary Sanderson
Coolest of the cool
These are a bit more than just creative. These costumes are witty and wicked, original and odd, marvelous and morbid. You just don’t see them every year.
- Creature from the Black Lagoon
- Blade (Marvel)
- Cobra Kai
- Jessica Rabbit (Who Framed Roger Rabbit?)
- XJ-9 ( My Life as a Teenage Robot)
- Frankie (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)
- Akasha (Queen of the Damned)
- Cassie Keller (R.L. Stine's Haunting Hour)
- Lorraine or Ed Warren (The Conjuring)
- Rocky/Apollo Creed
- Dani (Midsommar)
There ya have it, 69 (nice) Halloween costume ideas. It was hard to limit it to only that, because there really are a million ideas. Don’t worry about what's cliche or trendy, just pick something that makes you feel good.
Bonus Costume: If you still can’t decide, then just go as your ex, a garbage can.