fart fire
Go to triangular compass
Left arrow

Fart Fire Burns Patient in Surgery

Veteran News
Veteran News
November 1, 2016
Share on Twitter
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Copy Link

Stay Up to Date on American Grit

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

A patient who farted during surgery in Japan sparked a fire that caused her to be seriously burnt, according to the Tokyo Medical University Hospital in Shinjuku.The fart fire incident was first reported in a Japanese newspaper.The fart-fueled blaze occurred during a surgery in which the patient had a laser applied to her cervix, which is the lower part of the uterus.When the patient farted while under sedation, the gas she passed was ignited by the laser, which then burned the patient on her waist and legs. No flammable materials were in the room with her during the operation, according to an investigatory committee.The operational equipment appeared to be functioning normally.Methane, hydrogen sulfide and hydrogen in farts makes them flammable, and one can observe this phenomenon by putting a lit match or lighter next to one’s bum and farting into it. The gas will alight and possibly burn all of those present.Even Mythbusters got in on the fart-lighting action:https://youtu.be/XsRwfUyAsHYIt's unclear if the patient made a full recovery or not.

send a letter to congress
Adds section
Next Up
No items found.