American Grit Fitness is designed to make you harder to kill.
We combine old-school weightlifting with new-school strength and conditioning principles in order to maximize your time spent inside (or outside) the gym. You'll squat, run, jump and throw weight around to ultimately become a faster, fitter you.If it's your first day here, jump in and hit the workout, or start from Day 1 of this cycle. Either way, you'll see strength, speed and stamina gains.Note: Thursday and Sunday are rest days. There will not be a workout posted on those days.
- Warmup: 3 rounds of 10 back extensions, 10 hanging leg raises, 10 air squats and 10 pushups, at your own pace.
- Find a heavy thruster. This means attempting to find the heaviest weight you can pick up from the ground into a full squat clean and push press overhead in one movement. See the attached video for instructions. Take as much time as you need.
- After then, perform 5 sets of 3 push press, working up in weight.
- After that, perform 5 sets of 5 strict weighted pullups (or assisted/banded pullups).
- Every minute on the minute for 30 minutes, perform the following exercises, alternating between the two every minute:
- On odd minutes, 10 kettlebell thrusters, either hand.
- On even minutes, 3 bench press, heavy-ish.
- Cooldown: 500m row.