American Grit Fitness is designed to make you harder to kill.
We combine old-school weightlifting with new-school strength and conditioning principles in order to maximize your time spent inside (or outside) the gym. You'll squat, run, jump and throw weight around to ultimately become a faster, fitter you.If it's your first day here, jump in and hit the workout, or start from Day 1 of this cycle. Either way, you'll see strength, speed and stamina gains.Note: Thursday and Sunday are rest days. There will not be a workout posted on those days.
Day 5: The Long Grind
- Warmup: Prep your feet, prep your body and drink lots of water. We're getting out of the gym and into the wilderness today!
- Today you have three choices, depending on the gear you have and what kind of pain you're willing to put yourself through.
- Option 1:
- For time: 50 Sandbag ground to overhead, 25 sandbag front squats, run 3 miles, 50 sandbag front squats, 25 sandbag ground to overhead.
- Option 2:
- Load up a rucksack (or grab a sandbag or other odd object) and go for a hike. Aim for a minimum distance of 6 miles or 2 hours; if you have a trail near you, that's even better. Your rucksack weight depends on your own conditioning level; aim for 10-20 pounds as a beginner, 40 if you're in the military and have experience.
- Option 3: 1 mile sled drag, minimum of 90 pounds added (45 for women). Don't stop moving!