American Grit Fitness is designed to make you harder to kill.
We combine old-school weightlifting with new-school strength and conditioning principles in order to maximize your time spent inside (or outside) the gym. You'll squat, run, jump and throw weight around to ultimately become a faster, fitter you.If it's your first day here, jump in and hit the workout, or start from Day 1 of this cycle. Either way, you'll see strength, speed and stamina gains.Note: Thursday and Sunday are rest days. There will not be a workout posted on those days.
- Warmup: 800m run, slow.
- Conditioning: You'll need a track or other space where you can measure approximately 100 yards, 200 yards and 400 yards (meters are okay too), something weighted that you can carry on your shoulder or in front of you (a sandbag, med ball, etc) and two kettlebells or dumbbells with a suggested weight of 53 pounds for men and 35 pounds for women.
- The workout will follow the same format each time:
- Sprint the distance (start with 100 yards) three times, each time increasing the speed of the sprint. Rest 1 minute between each sprint.
- Then, run the distance carrying the sandbag/medball. Rest 1 minute.
- Then, farmer's carry the distance using the kettlebells. Rest 1 minute, and move on to the next distance.
- The total workout is 3 sprints (unweighted), 1 run (weighted) and 1 farmer's carry at each distance, resting 1 minute between each effort.
- Perform the workout at 100, 200 and 400 yards.
- When finished, run 800 meters as a cooldown.