American Grit's daily workouts are designed to make you Harder to Kill.
We combine old-school weightlifting with new-school strength and conditioning principles in order to maximize your time spent inside (or outside) the gym. You'll squat, run, jump and throw weight around to ultimately become a faster, fitter you. Being Harder to Kill isn't just about lasting longer in a gunfight: it's about becoming healthier, stronger and more resilient mentally and physically.If it's your first day here, jump in and hit the workout, or start from Day 1 of this cycle. Either way, you'll see strength, speed and stamina gains.Note: Thursday and Sunday are rest days. There will not be a workout posted on those days.
Wednesday, December 28th, 2016
- Warmup: :45 on, :15 seconds off of side shuffle, bear crawl, and jumping jacks
- Death by Dumbbell clean and jerk
- On the first minute, perform 1 DB clean and jerk from the ground (2 45# dumbbells in each hand)
- On the second minute, perform two. On the third, 3, then continue this pattern until you cannot complete the required reps inside of a minute
- Behind-the-neck overhead press, 4 x 12
- lateral deltoid raises, 3 x 15
- Rear deltoid raises, 3 x 10
- Shrugs, 2 x ME
- :45 on, :15 seconds off of the following movements, repeated twice:
- Medball slams/ball slams
- Medball one-sided wall throws (throw a medicine ball like a punch at a wall, then pick it up and do it from the other side, shown at :25 seconds of the video below)
- Jumping Lunges
- Jump Rope