GET BACK IN THE FIGHT WITH US!
Don't just say you're going to get into shape. Do it.
Welcome to our Back in the Fight 30-day fitness challenge! This workout program is designed to get you from sitting on the couch to, ultimately, building habits of fitness that continue beyond the 30-day period.This program is intended to be done 5 days a week, with two dedicated rest days.We recommend working out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.This program is intended more for people who are recovering from injury or haven't exercised in a while. If you're looking for something a bit more challenging, try our Harder to Kill series.Over the course of our Back in the Fight 30-day fitness challenge, we'll be doing quite a bit of calisthenics, body weight exercises and running. We’ll also set foot inside the gym a couple of times to get you familiar with some key weightlifting movements, like back squats, overhead press and deadlifts.Eventually, you’ll want to transition into a workout program that incorporates bodyweight exercises, weightlifting, functional fitness and cardiovascular endurance for your long-term physical fitness. American Grit’s “Harder to Kill” daily workouts are great for that.Some of these workouts will require access to a gym with basic equipment, as we’re going to be introducing you to some weightlifting techniques. Lifting weights gives you better results, faster, and is a proven way of reducing fat and building muscle.Are you ready? Here we go!Every day begins with a warmup. The workouts are all designed to be done in under an hour.
Back in the Fight: Day 23
- Warmup: Sprint intervals on an exercise bike or outside.
- :30 slow, :30 moderate, :30 fast, then rest :30. Repeat 3 times.
- "Death by Burpee Sprints"
- Measure out a distance of about 10 meters/33 feet (doesn't really matter where or how far, just a place you can run from one side to another in a few seconds).
- Every minute, on the minute, lay on the ground and perform a burpee into a sprint. You will sprint to the opposite side of marked area.
- Add one burpee sprint every minute.
- When you can't complete all the burpee sprints inside of a minute, the workout is over for you.
- Core: Complete as quickly as possible:
- 25 Hanging Leg Raises
- 25 Weighted Situps
- 25 V-Ups
- 25 Mountain Climbers